Toby Hall LIVE (Kursbeschreibung)
Online Course: Manual Therapy for low back related leg pain
The course will cover the anatomical, physiological and functional basis to the evaluation and management of neural tissue pain disorders arising from the lumbar spine. There is a strong emphasis on clinical practice, high-lighting evidence-based clinical examination, evaluation, interpretation, differential diagnosis and treatment.
This course will be conducted live online with time for questions and answers. It is anticipated that the course content will be suitable to individuals who are seeking new knowledge, to individuals seeking to expand their knowledge and to those individuals seeking the stimulation of clinical interaction. Whilst the course will be presented at a high level this should not be seen as a barrier to participation for those with little or with no previous experience in this special area.
As a result of attending this course it is anticipated that participants will gain personal satisfaction as in a variety of ways which will enhance their individual requirements. There are therefore no pre-requisites for participation.
- Classification of neural tissue pain disorders
- Clinical Practice
- Clinical reasoning
- To develop a strong evidence-based biomedical basis towards the examination, evaluation and physical treatment of low back related neural tissue pain disorders.
- To provide or enhance knowledge of the pathoanatomical and pathophysiological mechanisms of low back related neural tissue pain disorders.
- To promote an understanding of the mechanisms for patient presentations of dysfunction seen in low back related neural tissue pain disorders.
- To develop an ability to evaluate and differentially diagnose low back related neural tissue pain disorders.
- To develop or enhance the ability based on evidence of how to determine when physical treatment is indicated or contra-indicated in low back related neural tissue pain disorders.
- To develop the ability to prescribe and apply appropriate physical treatments for low back related neural tissue pain disorders.
Online Course: Physical treatment of headache
Headache is a symptom as well as a disease making differential diagnosis and appropriate treatment complex.
This webinar aims to demystify headache disorder pathophysiology.
A strong focus is on evidence based clinical evaluation and management of the upper cervical spine in headache disorders suitable for physical treatment, including exercise and manual therapy.
Toby Hall is a Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist (Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapists), graduating in 1985 with an MSc in 1996 and PhD in 2010.
He holds the position of Adjunct Associate Professor at Curtin University. Toby has presented at many conferences, published more than 20 book chapters and published more than 140 peer-reviewed articles relating to neural disorders, cervicogenic headache and other topics.
He has co-authored 3 books “Mobilisation with Movement, The Art and the Science” & The Mulligan Concept of Manual Therapy: Textbook of Techniques” in 1st & 2nd Edn. He regularly reviews for many journals, is on the international advisory panel of Manual Therapy Journal, and is an Associate Editor for the Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy